Friday, January 16, 2009

All I Want for Christmas....

is my two bottom teeth!! Yes, Ella is teething. I never imagined she would start this early. My mother in law mentioned she thought Ella was about to start teething to my dad, the retired dentist/mr. know it all, and he said there was no way! Well, guess what 3 days later you could feel her little teeth. Although it's exciting it has really put a kink in things such as sleepless nights and some fussy days. Poor thing her teeth just hurt. She also got her 4 month vaccines last week and so she decided to wake up every hour at night for the past week. Needless to say, mommy was tired. So, what can a mom do? Thinking this would never end I went back to my Babywise book to refresh my memory and put Ella on a strict schedule. I also started her on rice cereal. Guess what? She slept almost all night last night. She woke up once at 5 and once at 7 in which I gave her her pacifier both times and she went right back to sleep. So momma's happy once again!!

2 comments:

rachelprice said...

Yay! I'm sure Jim and Ella like a happy mommy! I'm sure I'll be calling you for some advice soon for this happy mom. Can't wait to hear when Ella is eating real food like hamburgers and pizza!

Winter Wonderland said...

I can't believe she's already teething. I'm glad she is finally sleeping again...I can't wait for the sleepless nights. :)