Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sadie- 4 months and Ella's big girl bed

We went in a couple of weeks ago for Sadie's 4 month well check. She weighed 14.8 lbs and was 24 in long. I was a little concerned about her weight since she had only gained a pound in 2 months but Dr. Tammy said as long as she is gaining we are good. Everything else looked great. We also had to get her 4 month vaccines which I HATE vaccines, but you have to do it. It did mess up her sleep schedule though. It did the same thing with Ella. I have asked around and everybody tells me that it helped their children sleep. NOT MINE!! Anyway, we are working on getting that back on track. I also started feeding her a little rice cereal before bed. Although it hasn't helped her sleep much better she sure does love it. If you don't feed it to her fast enough she starts to scream. Oh my! Sadie definitely has more of a temper than her sister.






We also moved Ella to a toddler bed. She was so proud of herself that she could get out. The first night presented a few challenges as she wanted to get out a lot but she has caught on really fast and stays in her bed until she wakes up in the morning or after her nap. I was really surprised that she has done so well with it. I really thought it would be more of a challenge than it has been. But she really understands when Jim and I give her pep talks. She listens carefully and usually tries really hard to follow the rules.



sweet pic with her daddy!

One of Ella's favorite summertime activities is going to the park. She is getting to be such a big girl. She climbs up the stairs, goes across the bridge, up some more stairs and down the slide all by herself, and is quite proud of herself too I might add. The slide is her absolute favorite!!






I am so thankful for my little girls. I never really wanted girls and now that I have them I don't know that I want any boys. I am so excited about our future and all the wonderful things that we are going to get to do together!!

3 comments:

Winter Wonderland said...

And what precious girls you have!!! We enjoyed being with them (and you and Jim)!!

rachelprice said...

Love the pictures! I love having girls! Ready to plan another trip:)

Jennifer said...

I stumbled upon your blog today! (We met at the marriage retreat) Your girls are beautiful! I hope everything is going well!