Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy 4th

Can you believe the 4th of July has already come and gone? My goodness, the 4th is like the epitome of summertime and with it being over that means that summertime is already in round 2 which means school starting, fall... Oh my, and have you been to any stores lately? They're putting out fall clothes and yes, Hobby Lobby is already putting out Christmas items. Saw them yesterday in Lubbock. Ok enough rambling!!

We had a wonderful 4th (which I don't have any pictures to show you right now because my "picture" computer is in the shop gettin' fixed but I will post them as soon as I get it back.) We went to San Angelo to visit my parents on Friday morning then I got to go to the spa for the day which was MARVELOUS!!! That is what I wanted for my birthday and yes, my birthday is in February but Sadie had just been born so I just now got around to it. Did I mention that it was FABULOUS??? We got up on Saturday to a day full of rain and sunshine. We really just relaxed and had a good boring day. On Sunday we went to church and when we got home it began to rain, AGAIN. It has rained everyday for the past week and a half. I don't think I have ever seen this much rain in West Texas. Then we went over to the Freemans, mom & dad's neighbors and friends, house to cookout and watch the fireworks- which we almost missed. Since it had rained so much we thought they might have canceled them because we waited and waited and waited and nothing so we went back over to mom and dads, turned on the 10 o'clock news and they were talking about them. Sure enough we walked out on their back porch just in time to catch about the last 10 min. It worked out well because I don't think Ella could have taken anymore. She's my 8:30-9:00 bedtime girl that doesn't do any later!! Then we all passed out and got up Monday and headed home.

Ella is really chatty-kathy these days and talks a lot of gibberish. It's so funny she gets her books and acts like she's reading them to you. What's funny is she's so serious about it but the words she makes up are so funny you want to laugh but then she thinks you're laughing at her. She loves playing with Jo-Jo and her dad is still a big hit. She is also wearing a size 9 shoe. Yes, a size 9. She wore a 6 forever. Then in May they were getting snug so I took her to Stride Rite and had her measured again and sure enough they said she needed a 7. Well, this weekend my mom mentioned to me the her tennis shoes felt snug and sure enough they were. We went to Stride Rite yesterday and they measured her foot and she measured an 8 1/2!! I was shocked. She looks like she has clown feet. I mean a 9? That's like a big girl shoe. Scarry is what it is. I'm afraid she might be as tall as her daddy. BTW- if you live in Lubbock or around the area Lil' Footprints is having a buy one get one FREE sale on all their shoes!!

Sadie is getting to be so much fun. She's officially turned 5 months on the 29th. She is almost sitting up and has rolled over once (we're still working on that one.) She tries really hard from her stomach to her back but those crazy arms seem to always get in the way. I think she's like her daddy and thinks too much about it instead of just doing it. She is loving to play with toys and look at everything. She's really starting to babble up a storm so her and her sister communicate pretty well. Ella loves it when Sadie talks to her, she thinks she pretty special, and she is. She also has 1 1/2 teeth. She cut her first tooth last week and this week she's working on the other. So besides being a little cranky all's good at the Turnbough household!

Again, sorry I don't have pics but will put them up as soon as I get my computer back!

2 comments:

rachelprice said...

Thats awesome that you spent the day at the spa! You deserve it! Ella is going to be so tall! Haley wears a 4 shoe! They are not going to be able to share shoes or clothes in college! hahah.. Glad yall had a great 4th! I don't want summer to be over, but I felt the same way.. July is going to fly by!

Winter Wonderland said...

Size 9?!?!?! Oh wow, she is going to be tall (and is adorable!) Saddie needs to slow down on her teeth or share some with Emory. :) Glad to hear you guys had a good 4th.